Cummins West has extensive experience in completing engine repower projects. A repower project consists of removing the existing engine in a vehicle or piece of equipment and replacing it with either a new or ReCon Cummins engine. Our experienced staff of territory managers, application engineers and skilled technicians can help you complete a comprehensive repower package that maximizes the life cycle of your equipment while meeting emission regulations. [Download Repower & Retrofit PDF - 688kb]
Cummins West offers the following services incorporated in our turn key repower packages:
- Engine Technology: EPA certified Tier 2, 3, 4 Interim and Tier 4 engines ranging from 30 - 3,500 Hp.
- Equipment Assessment: With extensive engine repower experience, our staff will work with you to assess your equipment and operation to help determine the most cost-effective approach to repowering your equipment.
- Funding Program Assistance: Depending on your location and operation, local, state and federal funding/grant programs are often available to offset the costs of repowers. We can help you identify and apply for these programs to reduce the financial impact of emissions compliance.
- Workmanship: Equipment repowers and retrofit systems are only effective when properly applied, installed and maintained. Our application engineers, technicians and fabricators are known for quality workmanship to ensure top performance and reliable operation.
Application, Installation Reviews & Warranty
Our experience has shown that successful repower projects must include specific engineering reviews. These reviews consist of:
- Engine system design and capacities
- Engine mount and driven components
- Material and routing used for system connections
- Engine/power train performance matching
- Extensive warranty coverages available
For information on our repower capabilities, please contact the engine sales representative at your local Cummins West branch or submit an inquiry and a representative from Cummins West will contact you.